Guardians of the City is a Total Defence (TD) strategy card game to help youths have a deeper understanding of TD and the complexity of terror threats, and to show them how we can all play a part to keep Singapore safe and secure. It also shows how society can come together to better prepare for crises, respond to them, and recover from them.
All National Cadet Corps (NCC), National Police Cadet Corps (NPCC) and National Civil Defence Cadet Corps (NCDCC) units will receive sets of the card game as unit resource by 10 February 2017. Every NCC cadet will also receive a personal set at the same time. All other Uniformed Group (UG) students will get their personal sets by May 2017.
The following resources accompany the game:
1. How to Play: Watch a short video on how to play Guardians of the City at our Total Defence YouTube page. You can also download the instructions by clicking here.
2. Advanced Rules: Here are some Advanced Rules for an even more exciting play of Guardians of the City!
3. Game Resource Kit: The game resource kit provides a detailed plan on introducing Guardians of the City to participants, and case-studies to discuss how they can play their part in TD. It includes a Checklist, Game FAQs, and additional reading materials. You can download the game resource kit by clicking here.
4. Post-Game Reflection: A set of PowerPoint slides that can be used during the post-game reflection can be downloaded by clicking here.
5. Reflection Video: Watch a video designed for a short post-game reflection at our Total Defence YouTube Page.
For queries, you may contact Nexus at firstname.lastname@example.org.